They Say I Say 2

 

A. Our experiments suggest that there are dangerous levels of chemical X in the Ohio groundwater

When it comes to levels of chemical X in Ohio groundwater, some scientists say that the chemical is not prominent enough to be dangerous, However, Our experiments suggest that there are dangerous levels of chemical X in the Ohio groundwater.

B. Material forces drive history

Many people assume that history has no reasoning for happening, it just happens due to human nature, but I feel that material forces drive history.

C. Proponents of Freudian psychology question standard notions of "rationality"

It is commonly thought that Freudian psychology is a very successful method of psychology that helps patients with mental health issues to talk about their problems, but proponents of Freudian psychology question standard notions of "rationality."

D. Male students often dominate class discussions

Some educators are convinced that male and female students work well together in the classroom, each gender getting an equal chance to excel at education, however, it has been proven that male students often dominate class discussions, taking opportunities away from females.

E. The film is about the problems of romantic relationships

Many film critics say that the film "The Notebook" is a love story about how soulmates will always find their way back to each other, but I think that the film is about the problems of romantic relationships.

F. I'm afraid that templates like the ones in this book will stifle my creativity.

Gerald Graff and Cathy Birkenstein give many templates in the "They Say, I Say" book that they say help people to improve their writing, but i'm afraid that templates like the ones in this book will stifle my creativity.


If ever there was an idea custom-made for a Jay Leno monologue, this was it: Single-Sex schooling leads to less sexism that co-ed schooling. Isn't that like saying racially segregated schools promote equality? What ever happened to teaching students in equal environments? I happen to sympathize with single-sex supporters though, perhaps because there is a lot of promising things about single-sex schools, however, most of the time the success is not due to the single-sex aspect.

Comments